Outdoors is calling.
As we all start running outside this coming spring/summer it is important to think about safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings and look around you at all times. Things happen quickly and even if you feel you live in a safe area being prepared is vital.
- Find an exercise partner. If you have children, a great way to exercise is to have a friend come over with her kids and take turns running a lap in your neighborhood while the other stays with the kids. The mom that stays inside can do push-ups and a core workout.
- Carry a cell phone.
- Wear reflective clothing
- Don't go out at the same time every night
- Do it when it is still light out.
- Bring a dog if you have one.
This seems basic, but after having a few encounters myself I know how important it is.
Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:54:00 PM